A Strategic Guide To Help You Create A Long-Term Blueprint For Your Corporate Training Programs In The New Normal
The pandemic reset the workplace dynamics and we will remember the workplace as it was pre-Mar ’20 and what it will be hereafter. With employees working remotely, the demand for Virtual Training skyrocketed.
- L&D teams pivoted quickly to offer Virtual Trainings and geared up to address the changed dynamics in the new normal.
- Toward the second half of 2020, many L&D teams began to evaluate the impact and value of the Virtual Training Transformation they had undertaken. Many realized that “delivering training remotely or virtually” does not necessarily equal “effective remote learning” that the employees seek.
- As the planning for 2021 commences, there is a clear need to re-evaluate the options taken and arrive at a long-term blueprint for corporate training delivery.
While a lot may have changed in the shadow of the pandemic, the need to create and execute a learning strategy that has a real impact on learner behavior and business outcomes remains unchanged. My eBook is designed to help you in this endeavor in 2021.
Approach of the eBook eLearning Trends in 2021 – A Strategic Guide To Help You Create A Long-Term Blueprint For Your Corporate Training Programs In The New Normal
As employees work remotely, the impact of the pandemic is evident at 2 levels.
- Workforce comprises remote learners predominantly and they have very definitive ideas on how training should be delivered.
- Additionally, the L&D team’s role had expanded and there are revised expectations from them.
This is the thread I have used to create my eBook eLearning Trends in 2021 – A Strategic Guide To Help You Create A Long-Term Blueprint For Your Corporate Training Programs In The New Normal. I have grouped the eLearning trends by highlighting their relevance in the changed workplace dynamics.
- Trends that are in the spotlight (“must have”) trends to offer remote learning.
- Trends that equip remote users to learn quickly, apply the learning effectively, and get access to relevant content and just-in-time learning aids – in the flow of work.
- Trends that foster continuous learning.
- Trends that help you deliver engaging, high-impact, and immersive Virtual Learning experiences for remote learners.
- Trends that help you assess the impact of remote training and aid you in maximizing the ROI.
Here’s what Michael Rochelle, Chief Strategy Officer and Principal HCM Analyst of the Brandon Hall Group, has to say about my eBook:
Asha’s eBook is a great read, full of important insights but more importantly, the eBook itself is a blueprint for corporate training delivery. Readers will gain an invaluable tool for constructing a learning strategy that mitigates the significant challenges brought upon by the pandemic. It will serve as an inspiration to your learning and development team for finding their way forward to deliver impactful learning and training to the new remote workforce.
Table Of Contents Of The eBook eLearning Trends In 2021 – A Strategic Guide To Help You Create A Long-term Blueprint For Your Corporate Training Programs In The New Normal
Given the large number of trends, I have grouped the eLearning trends by highlighting their relevance in the changed workplace dynamics.
Learning During Τhe Pandemic Αnd Τhe Changed Expectations From The L&D Teams
An introduction to the eBook.
Section 1: In The Spotlight – “Must Have” Trends To Offer Remote Learning
- Mobile Learning.
- Mobile Apps for Learning.
- Virtual Training – Conversion of ILT to Blended or Fully Online Learning.
- Integrating Accessibility Guidelines in Online Trainings.
Section 2: Trends That Equip Remote Users To Learn Quickly, Apply The Learning Effectively, And Get Access To Relevant content And Just-in-time Learning Aids – In The Flow Of Work
- Personalized Learning.
- Performance Support Tools (PSTs)/Job Aids.
Section 3: Trends That Foster Continuous Learning
- Informal Learning.
- Curation and User Generated Content.
- Social Learning.
- Self-Directed Learning.
Section 4: Trends That Help You Deliver Engaging, High-impact And Immersive Virtual Learning Experiences For Remote Learners
- Scenario-Based Learning and Interactive Story-Based Learning.
- Video-Based Learning (Videos and Interactive Videos).
- AR/VR and MR or Immersive Learning.
- Next Gen Learning Strategies.
Section 5: Trends That Help You Assess The Impact Of Remote Training And Aid You In Maximizing The ROI
- Learner Analytics.
- Learning Experience Platforms – LXPs.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Learning.
I hope this eBook eLearning Trends in 2021 – A Strategic Guide To Help You Create A Long-Term Blueprint For Your Corporate Training Programs In The New Normal, will be a useful guide to refer to as you firm up your plans for 2021 and begin recharting the training delivery to meet the mandate of the changed workplace dynamics.
If you have queries on how to engage remote learners or craft immersive Virtual Learning experiences by implementing any one of the trends covered here, do contact me.