Is It Time To Rethink The Traditional Blended Learning Approach?
Blended learning delivers the best of both L&D worlds, but how can it help you cultivate and retain your top talent? Is it just a happy compromise between conventional seminars and online courses, or can it really transform your current training program by improving accessibility and personalization? This eBook offers a brand new take on blended learning for remote workforce talent development.
Benefits Of Blended Learning For Talent Development
1. Merges Self-Paced And Assisted Learning
Blended learning gives trainees a measure of autonomy. They can – at their own pace and time – seek out assistance online. JIT libraries help them get through the rough spots and refresh their know-how. It’s self-initiated, so it still feels like a solo effort. It’s also helpful when they want to do some work on their own, uninterrupted. Online elements can include self-assessment modules to identify their own skill gaps. Once they spot their areas for improvement, they can attend live training sessions that allow them to focus on knowledge, skill, and performance gaps in real-time. In short, a blended learning approach gives employees the chance to be proactive about their training without missing out on valuable social learning opportunities.
2. Reduces Seat Time
Many organizations are concerned about time away from workstations. While trainees are off studying, their work still has to get done. This could mean the added expense of hiring temps, and that’s where blended learning comes into play. While certain parts of the training necessitate face-to-face time, they can be planned. Trainers can designate in-person classes based on availability and busy work schedules. The rest of the training can be done online. This means there’s less seat time for trainees and less interference with their office hours.
3. Boosts Employee Motivation
Employees are more likely to take the initiative and bridge gaps if the training is flexible and convenient. One of the benefits of blended learning is that staff members can determine which resources align with their needs and personal preferences. It gives them more room to choose a path that suits their training style. For example, they aren’t restricted to solely ILT events. Thus, they are more motivated to learn and continually improve their performance. This means they will stay with your organization and keep building skills that broaden your profit margin.
4. Bridges The Emotional Divide
In many respects, blended learning eliminates the sense of isolation that comes from other training methods. Yes, working alone can be productive – because there are no distractions. But even the most introverted among us need human contact on occasion. On the other hand, even the most outgoing team player needs time alone to regroup. With a blended training system, you give trainees the power to choose. When they need to, they can go online and work alone. For a crucial second opinion, they can ping colleagues through messaging apps or video chat.
About This eBook
Here’s a sneak preview of what you’ll find inside Beyond Blended Learning: A Winning Formula For Remote Workforce Talent:
- Working From Home Hurdles: Can Blended Learning Help You Develop Talent Remotely?
- Bridging Gaps And Boosting Performance With A Holistic Blended Learning Approach
- Lower The Learning Curve: Upskilling And Reskilling Remote Workforces In Record Time
- Remote Work Trials And Tribulations: Can Blended Learning Solutions Build Experiential Knowledge AND Cut Costs?
- Crunching The Numbers: Is It Time To Rethink The Blended Learning Equation?
- What Is Blended Learning?: The Formula For Remote Talent Development Success
- The First Factor (N1): How To Identify Your Organizational Needs With An In-Depth Analysis
- The Second Factor (N2): What Do Your Remote Learners Need To Overcome Emerging Challenges?
- Devising The Best Blended Learning Program For Your Biggest Business Challenges
- Making The Most Of Today’s Blended Learning Technologies, Tools, And Techniques
- Choosing The Right Blended Learning Design Elements And Modalities For Your Modern Workforce
Download the eBook Beyond Blended Learning: A Winning Formula For Remote Workforce Talent to discover how AshCom overcomes its L&D challenges using innovative blended learning strategies.